Sunday, 27 January 2008

Are we there yet?


Charlotte and William were going on holiday. They jumped into the back of their Mum and Dad’s car, put on their seat belts and got ready for the long journey ahead. Charlotte had her favourite pink doll on her lap, and William had a book.

‘Are we there yet?’ asked William.
.
‘No’ laughed Dad. ‘We haven’t left town yet! Let’s play a game’

‘I Spy’ shouted Charlotte ‘I spy with my little eye, something beginning with –er- er- er...’
.
‘Hurry up slow coach!’ said William.

‘It’s difficult ‘said Charlotte. ‘I spy something, and then it disappears because we are going so fast’.

‘Why don’t you look out for blue cars?’ asked Mum ‘When you see one shout blue, and we’ll see who spots the most’.

‘Blue’, yelled William. ‘Blue ... blue ... blue...’

‘It’s not fair’ moaned Charlotte with a frown on her face. ‘William’s taller than me so he sees them first, it’s not fair, it’s not fair. Are we there yet Dad?’

‘Not yet sweetie’ said Dad. ‘Why don’t you read your book to your sister William?’

Alright’ William said grumpily ‘Once upon a time there was a big curly sheep which....’

‘I’ve heard it before’ said Charlotte.’ How much longer Dad? Are we nearly there?’
.
‘Let’s sing a song’ suggested Mum.’ I know, we’ll sing old MacDonald had a farm!’

Mum started singing, but Charlotte and William didn’t join in. She looked around and they were both fast asleep.

‘Are we nearly there dear? Mum asked.
.
'Don't you start' laughed Dad!
.
,
,

6 comments:

jadey said...

Ahhh how sweet Road Trip. Are we there yet dad?

Mona said...

Oh What a sweet tale! :)

This is such a wonderful site! I will tell My blogger friend Snowelf about this as her children are always clamouring for more & more bedtime tales!

Preethi said...

oh my.. such a cute story... and i can sooo relate to this.. "Are we there yet?"!!

UL said...

:) oh boy..I am not looking forward to that stage...esp. it takes an eight-hour road trip to visit family across the border!

Little Wing said...

Are we there yet?????????
Great story my friend!

Magdalen Islands said...

I too enjoyed your story Keith