KEITH'S RAMBLINGS

Thursday





Charlotte and William were in the back of Mum and Dad’s car. They were going on holiday. Charlotte had her favourite pink doll on her lap, and William had a book.
‘Are we there yet?’ asked William.
‘No’ laughed Dad. ‘We haven’t left town yet! Let’s play a game’.
‘I spy’ shouted Charlotte. ‘I spy with my little eye, something beginning with  er – er – er…’
Hurry up slow coach’ said William.
‘It’s difficult‘ said Charlotte. ‘I spy something, and ‘then it disappears because we are going so fast’.
‘Why don’t you count blue cars?’ asked Mum ‘When you see one shout blue, and we’ll see who spots the most’.
‘Blue’, yelled William. ‘Blue … blue … blue…’
‘Not fair’ moaned Charlotte. ‘William’s taller than me so he sees them first, it’s not fair, it’s not fair. Are we there yet?’
‘Not yet sweetie’ said Dad. ‘Why don’t you read your book to your sister William?’
‘Alright,’ William said grumpily. ‘Once upon a time, there was a big curly sheep which….’
I’ve heard it before. Are we there yet?’
Let’s sing a song’ suggested Mum.  ‘I know, we’ll sing old MacDonald had a farm!’
Mum and Dad started singing, but Charlotte and William didn’t join in.  Mum looked around and they were both fast asleep.
‘Are we there yet?’ Mum asked.
  



No comments: